Magnetic Bearing Technology
With MECOS, MAN Diesel & Turbo provides state-of-the-art magnetic bearing solutions for oil & gas applications.
An Active Magnetic Bearing (AMB) is an electro-magnetic system for controlling the position of a rotor, e.g. in a turbomachine. The AMB comprises a number of electro-magnets, positioned around the rotor, which generate attracting forces to maintain the position of the rotor relative to the stator.
Magnetic bearings require no lubricants, are frictionless and mechanically wear-free. They have the capability of tailoring bearing characteristics to optimize operation.
- Active damping of rotor vibrations
- Unlimited starts / stops
- Able to operate within the process gas stream
- Oil-free operation: no contamination of process gas
- Extremely low power consumption: typically 2-5 kW
- UPS for safe operation included
- Integrated “Machine Monitoring System”
- Less installation cost and shorter commissioning time than comparable systems
All data provided on this site is for information purposes only, explicitly non-binding and subject to changes without further notice.